Friday, July 26, 2013

Lindsey Nicole Gillette

We would like to proudly announce 
Lindsey Nicole Gillette

She was born July 22nd at 2:12 pm. She was 7lbs and 19 inches long. 
We love her to death!


















Lindsey's Birth Story-
We were scheduled to be induced on Monday the 22nd. We were told to call the hospital at 5:30am to see what time they wanted us to come in. We were told to come in at 7am and so we did. I was admitted to the hospital and hooked up to an IV. The nurse started my Pit at 8 and the doctor broke my water at the same time. I was dilated to almost a 4 at that time. My nurse told me that I was having regular contractions at intervals of about 10 minutes even before my pit was started.

After about 2 hours of having contractions I was ready to have my epidural!! Man are those great or what!? I thought the anesthesiologist was great. He was telling jokes and having all sorts of fun. After my epidural kicked in life was grand! At that point I was dilated to a 5. We turned on the TV and watched I think four episodes of Boy Meets World.

All of a sudden, I had the urge to push. I tried so hard to concentrate and not to push. My nurse came in shortly after I had the urge to push and she checked me. I was fully dilated and crowning. She went and called my doctor. He arrived 4 minutes later. I pushed through 3 contractions, a total of 6 minutes, and our Little Lindsey was born.

Lindsey decided to be a "little ninja" as described by Doctor Meredith. Her head was first and then she had her left hand up by her cheek. Her cord was wrapped around her shoulder and so she was a dark blue when she came out. The DR put her on my chest but since she wasn't breathing, she was swiftly taken to the nurses station to be resuscitated. She was given oxygen for about 2 minutes before we heard her sweet little cry. 

She apparently didn't like having the mask on her, because she grabbed a hold of it and tried very hard to take it off. She is very strong and coordinated for being a newborn. She can also hold her head for about 10 seconds already. She is so sweet and we love her so much!



1 comment:

  1. Great story! Glad everything went so smoothly. Love her hair!

    ReplyDelete