Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 1 of Beetle Rebuild!

So for those who don't know, we now own a 1975 VW Beetle. 















I have started the ever arduous journey to restoring it for my dear wife who has always wanted a bug of her own. Today I spent the day removing the engine so that I can work on it and fix it. It is a fuel injection engine, which didn't show up much on beetles. I do have a spare engine to go with it that is carbureted that I may opt to put in since it should be easier to get running. After reading online and watching videos, this seemed like a fast fairly easy job. 4 hours later I didn't think that anymore. I do have to say thought that we started the day with a bug with an engine and tonight we have a bug with no engine. I hope the rest goes smoother than today but regardless this is going to be a fun experience!

 Before














After













The tiny engine that was formerly apart of the car.














Let the fun begin!














(This is Andy posting. I would not let my beautiful 9 month pregnant wife do this. )

1 comment: