Saturday, November 20, 2010

Winter is here!

We woke up today to about 4 new inches of snow. It is very beautiful outside, I am glad that I don't have to go anywhere today. Andy had to work today, which is a blessing but also a bummer. We are very blessed that he has a job that gives him regular hours but we were trying to make it down to California this weekend for Andy's brother Conner's farewell talk. We are pretty disapointed we can't but atleast we will get to see him one more time before he leaves in the beginning of December.

Lately I have been able to feel our little girl moving around and kicking a lot more. She usually has regular "kicking fits" at around 10 in the morning and 5 at night. Its really interesting. She loves to stretch and push her little feet up against my abdomen. She is a healthy, growing baby! We are really excited for her to be a part of our family in end of March.

Lately I have been on a sewing kick. I have lots of projects that I want to make for our little girl. I have recently made a diaper pouch to go in my purse/diaper bag. It is suppose to hold 2-3 toddler sized diapers and a travel wipes container.

I made it out of canvas and cotton. The canvas was kind of a pain to work with because it is so stiff but I am glad I did. I really like the way it turned out.
I also made a set of rag quilt numbers for Katelyn to play with we she gets older.


I thought that they are really cute and I had some scraps so I went ahead and made them. I want to make a set of letters too, I just don't have enough scraps at the moment.

The next projects on my list are to make a really cute dress for katelyn, ribbon flowers and a tote bag.

I think that we are going to start decorating for christmas today, a little early I think but still way fun. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe travels this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment